JOB POSTINGS and VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
VOCESAssociate Director Job Description
Position Title: Associate Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary Range: $38,000-$45,000
Type: Full-time, with medical and dental benefits after two calendar months
Organizational Summary: Voces, a Project Fund of the Battle Creek Community Foundation, is a non-profit community-based organization located in Battle Creek, Michigan and founded in 2007. The mission of Voces (“voices” in Spanish) is to build a community of opportunity, inclusion, and well-being for Latinos/Hispanics in Greater Battle Creek. Core areas of focus include health, community connectedness, youth engagement, and family literacy. Voces provides medical interpreting and other family supportive services and opened a Community & Cultural Center in the fall of 2010. Voces is planning programming in the areas of family literacy and youth engagement.
The Associate Director manages the day-to-day programs and operations in support of the Executive Director’s strategic plan.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the organization
- Assist the Executive Director in the supervision and evaluation on Voces staff and volunteers
- Plan and oversee programs
- Assist the Executive Director in the development and management of organizational and program budgets
- Assist in securing funding to maintain Voces operations and programs
- Assist in developing and implementing a communications plan
- Represent Voces in the community, participate in ongoing community initiatives, and develop collaborations and partnerships
- Assist in planning and facilitating community meeting and activities
- Prepare reports as necessary for the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, funders, and/or partners
- Other duties as necessary
- Bicultural/bilingual (fluent in speaking and writing Spanish/English)
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related work experience or equivalent. (*Educational and experience qualifications may be waived depending on other qualifying factors.)
- Familiarity with local Latino/Hispanic community preferred
- Experience in strategic/program planning and budget management
- Strong supervisory and management skills and experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail, handle interruptions, maintain focus on tasks and produce accurate work
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate meetings and discussions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Effective community organizing skills and ability to build rapport with diverse community members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Office, internet/email and standard office equipment
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Safe driving record; current vehicle insurance and ability to use personal vehicle for Voces business
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Application deadline: Friday, June 3, 2011
- Please include a resume, letter of interest, and three references. Letter of interest should include a personal statement explaining how your experience and education have prepared you to successfully fulfill the functions of this position.
- Send application via email or regular US mail to: Voces; Attn: Executive Director; 520 W. Michigan Ave; Battle Creek, MI 49017; email@example.com.
- Please no phone inquiries.
Volunteer OpportunityJoin a Witness for Peace delegation...
- Meet with union organizers, human rights activists, farmers, community health advocates, parents, teachers and more!
- Gain the skills and knowledge to work for change in your community upon returning home.
- Connect with a network of committed activists in your area.
- Spaces still available this summer!